Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Libya is now a No-Fly Zone.

 Libya is now a No-Fly Zone. This isn't in the way that planes can not fly over the country. Many planes have been flying over the country. Confused? Well so is everyone who follows up on Libya and its problems. This No-Fly Zone is actually an operation by the U.S. military to take the fight to Gaddahfi and his compound.           

 Air raids have been frequently been hitting the compound in hopes to make Gaddahfi stand down. Yet this will be no easy task. Gaddahfi has gone on record as saying "I will kill as many of my people as I have to before I step down from my position". For those who do not know Gaddahfi very powerful and rich with the whole military behind him.

I believe that for the rioters and rebels of Libya, the worst part is over. Now that other country's are stepping in to help Libya the fighting will be less strenuous on the rebels. What will this mean for the country is most likely full scale war. Gaddahfi will not be going away easily yet the world can not and will not just stand by and let people suffer. Recently after the air raids Gaddahfi said he will "not surrender".

It has been a four day strike and the U.N. and all other country's involved in this operation are hoping for the best to come out of this disaster.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I knew it was a bad situation, but that Gaddahfi is that inhuman and controlled by power-hunger I wasn't aware of. Really hope it will be as few deaths as possible.

    ReplyDelete